So you've found the best place to search for a home in Edmonton - edmontonrealestate.pro - but finding a home is just the beginning. There is a lot to know - mortgages, pre-approvals, deposits, downpayments, contracts, offers, negotiations, taxes, fees, assessments, appraisals, inspections, warranties, property titles - it can be overwhelming, and we're happy to help you navigate the real estate jungle.
If you're just in the initial research phase, here are some links you may want to check out:
- Edmonton real estate blog - tips for home buyers
- Canadian real estate association - buying a home
- Alberta real estate association - buying real estate in Alberta
- Service Alberta - buying and owning a condo in Alberta
- Real estate council of Alberta - consumer information
- Agency explanation
- TD Canada Trust first time buyer's guide
- Edmonton real estate board - make sure you're ready to buy
- CMHC - buying a home
- REALTOR® code of ethics
- Alberta mortgage brokers association - mortgage consumer page
- Canadian association of home and property inspectors - inspect the inspector
- City of Edmonton maps (property assessments, zoning, neighbourhood profiles)
- Edmonton police services crime map
We'd be happy to explain the entire home buying process to you. When we work with buyers we sit down and explain the process to you, including: agency relationships, mortgages and pre-approvals, the purchase contract (chattels, deposits, conditions, terms, insurance, warranties), costs - how much and when, closing and more. Contact us today to book an appointment. There is no obligation and it takes about an hour.
Here are a few of the services we provide our clients:
- Help finding the best home for you whether it is listed for sale on the MLS®, privately, or not listed at all.
- Showing you the MLS® history on any property and interpreting that data.
- Obtaining and interpreting the title for any property.
- Recommending excellent service providers such as lawyers, home inspectors and mortgage brokers.
- Preparing market evaluations on properties of interest to assist in negotiations.
- Sharing demographic information on different areas of the city.
- One-on-one buyer consultations
- Advice about resale potential of each home in regards to its layout, zoning, location and more
- Advice on renovations and recommended improvements
- Preparing the purchase contract - we will advise you of your different negotiating options and arm you with vital information for a successful and smooth transaction.
- Negotiating with the listing agent – the most important step. Things can happen very quickly and we can give the advice that’s best for your situation.