Home Buyer’s Resource Centre
We understand there is a lot to know when you are looking to buy a home or sell your existing home quickly. Terminology surrounding mortgages, pre-approvals, deposits, downpayments, contracts, offers, negotiations, taxes, fees, assessments, appraisals, inspections, warranties, properties titles and more can be overwhelming.
In addition to being the best place to search for a home in Edmonton, we have put together a Real Estate Guide to help you navigate the real estate jungle.
Are you just starting to research your potential new home?
If so, the following articles and resources will set you off on the right foot!
- Should You Have Your Own Agent When Purchasing a Home?
- Should I Sell My Home Before Buying A New One?
- Buying your first home
- Common Misconceptions
For more helpful articles, see our Edmonton Real Estate Blog. Our Tips for Home Buyers section is a great starting point!
- Canadian real estate association - Buying a Home
- Alberta real estate association - Buying Real Estate in Alberta
- Service Alberta - Buying and Owning a Condo in Alberta
- Real estate council of Alberta - Consumer Information
- TD Canada Trust First Time Buyer's Guide
- Edmonton real estate board - Make Sure You're Ready To Buy
- CMHC - Buying a Home, REALTOR® code of ethics
- Alberta mortgage brokers association - Mortgage Consumer Page
- City of Edmonton maps (property assessments, zoning, neighbourhood profiles)
- Edmonton police services Crime Map
Liv Real Estate’s Unique Advantage
As the number of resources available can be overwhelming, we'd be happy to explain the entire home buying process to you in person. When we work with buyers, we sit down and explain the process to you, including: agency relationships, mortgages and pre-approvals, the purchase contract (chattels, deposits, conditions, terms, insurance, warranties), costs - how much and when, closing and more. Contact us today to book an appointment. There is no obligation and it takes about an hour.
Our services include:
- Help finding the best home for you whether it is listed for sale on the MLS®, privately, or not listed at all.
- Showing you the MLS® history on any property and interpreting that data.
- Obtaining and interpreting the title for any property.
- Recommending excellent service providers such as lawyers, home inspectors and mortgage brokers.
- Preparing market evaluations on properties of interest to assist in negotiations.
- Sharing demographic information on different areas of the city.
- One-on-one buyer consultations
- Advice about resale potential of each home in regards to its layout, zoning, location and more
- Advice on renovations and recommended improvements
- Preparing the purchase contract - we will advise you of your different negotiating options and arm you with vital information for a successful and smooth transaction.
- Negotiating with the listing agent – the most important step. Things can happen very quickly and we can give the advice that’s best for your situation.
Please fill out the form below and one of our qualified agents will be in contact to help you get started on your home search:
*Your information will never be shared with any third party.